Caged bird background

Friday 2 April 2010

Ageing....

Well turning 19 in a couple of days, scary thought and scary number. A lot has changed in the last year. Left school and taken some rather large steps into the big wide world. When one day your at prom and the next your on a bus to Holland with no intension of coming back for three months I think you can safely say your striking out on the independence front.




France was an interesting time for me and I never in the million years thought id want to go back but the odd thing is I kind of do. I think because I've been and seen a small part of what else is out there I’m getting sick of being stuck back in my home town again – sitting in limbo waiting for something to happen.



I want to travel; I want to take my friends to see the beautiful, romantic city that is Venice.


I want to show them the fountains in Rome.




I want to take them on a cruise, show them when a ship can be more than a ship.




Even the warm evening air in Glasgow felt nice and refreshing, a change of pace for me.



The thing is there is so much left to see. I want to see Germany and Holland, Belgium and Norway. The USA and Canada, I want the lights of Vegas and the tranquillity of the middle of nowhere, where you can see shooting stars.

I want to watch the sun come up, I want to camp in a tent and hear the world around me, in a house at night its too quite, the occasional thump as a floorboard expands, the gurgle of the radiators, its not the same as the sound of a fish jumping from a river or an owls calls at night.


In the last year I have experienced so much, independence and freedom, change and loss, friendship and love. I have learned and grown and I say – bring on the last of the teen years! Lord knows a lot is going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog