Caged bird background

Sunday 27 June 2010

What do people see?

Perception is a funny thing isn't it?

Take for instance this picture.


Do you see a dead end, a lonely place with no turning back?

Or do you see the dip where the path falls before rising once more into the open field. The end of a long struggle before finally feeling freedom, the sunshine on your skin and the grass beneath your feet?

How people think they are perceived and how they are actually perceived are perhaps two completely different things. I see myself as being accommodating but perhaps others see me as being a soft touch. I see myself as outgoing but perhaps others see me as being too loud. Or perhaps i see myself as being shy when i meet new people but others may see this as being endearing.

It goes beyond even emotional levels, to the physical as well. While someone may think of they're bum being too big or being to short others may have quite the opposite view point.

We cant always assume that what we mean to be and what we actually are are the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog