Caged bird background

Monday 4 October 2010

Old before my time ?

Maybe I'm just old before my time but i just don't see the appeal in going out and getting absolutely hammered. It costs so much money, it puts you in harms way and it makes you feel like crap the next day. I've been to a couple of partys where people seem to take it as a challenge to drink as much as they can. Guys drinking crates of beer and bottles of vodka and changing from normal, nice level-headed boys to loud idiots. And where there's guys drinking there will enevitably be girls trying to match them sip for sip drink for drink, never mind the fact they weigh half as much as the guys they will insist they can drink as much.

Pretty soon a drinking game will be suggested then all hell breaks lose. As always someone will push themselves that little bit too far and will spend the rest of the night propped up against a toiler looking for hughie and roulf.
People will wander off and make, or destroy, relationships in a drunken haze. Maybe no-one will remember, maybe everyone will.
Personally i don't see the point, it's not big and its not clever. I wonder what it will take for people to realise this.

"One reason why I don't drink is because i wish to know when i'm having a good time" - Nancy Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog