Caged bird background

Monday 13 June 2011

Growing up to fast

Sometimes i look at the things I've done and achieved this far in my life and i am proud and feel all adulty. I went to France on my own for three months when i was 18 which I'm sure not many people can claim to have done. I worked my ass off at school and got good grades, the same with uni. I work hard at work and have been given a trainee managers position. I save my money rather than fritter it away on things i don't really need.

But then there are other times i look at my life an wonder why i live so carefully. I don't tend to buy expensive things because they strike my fancy but instead lots of little things. I tend to plan ahead rather than be spontaneous. Sometimes i feel like i am living too much as an adult rather than enjoying the here and now. I don't go out with friends and stay out all night. I don't randomly crash at house parties. I don't go to the union at uni. I never really play the field. I like meeting new people but sometimes i feel like i find people i get on with and stop trying as much with others. I feel as though i am trying to be something I'm not sometimes.

This year i would love to move up to Glasgow for uni but since i don't want to stay in halls i would have to find someone to share with which is easier said than done. Have the element of freedom with some of the responsibility of being an adult but also the chance to be a carefree student. I will never have this much freedom in my life again, so why not enjoy it while i can. See places i want to see, find people to have adventures with and maybe at the very least have a night out in Glasgow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog