Caged bird background

Monday 21 February 2011

Amazing

Maybe its cause its late and im tired but i feel all mooshy inside so i thought id take a bit of time and share the things i wish i said more.

University
Yup i moan about the amount of coursework, the early mornings and some of the pointless lectures but i am really lucky to be here. Ive meet some amazing people that i get on with really well. To begin with i felt like an outsider, like i couldnt relate to other people but now im really enjoying it. I will still get stress and still be like OMFG i hate uni but its only cause im stressing about coursework. Some of the lecturers are absolutely mental and its amazing some of the rubbish they come out with. And some of the random banter makes me smile something awful. I will be stressed for the next month cause im pretty sure the coursework we're about to get hurled at us will take no prisoners but never mind hopefully ill come out the other side alive.

Friends
Not to brag but i have some amazing friends both new and old. The ones who have been there since primary - that's like ten years people, the ones i met at secondary, the random ones who showed up and never really left again and the new ones from uni. You guys are amazing. There's always someone there to help me when i cant help myself. Helping my dry a pair of suede boots with a hairdryer when i "feel through a puddle", writing me letters in France, pub quizes, 18th, school trips and shopping. You guys have been there through thick and thin and if i hadn't had the bad times i wouldnt appreciate the good.

Family
My family is really small and rather spread out but i wouldn't have it any other way. We don't always get on but then again no one ever does. They support me in all that i do and I'm truly lucky to have parents that let me make my own choices, never forcing me down a path i didn't choose for myself. They let me make my own mistakes but are always there to help me pick up the pieces and for that i am eternally grateful.

Work
Sounds like a really sad thing to put in here but i love my job. I love how i have to think on my feet and how i learn something new almost every time I'm in. I love that we almost always all get along as well it makes such a difference and every shift is a giggle. I love staff meetings and the road trips to the beach that seem to have become a tradition. I love that they introduced me to the wonder that is KFC. I love how many stupid things we've done - the Marymass parade was really good =]

To the people of the past
Just because we don't talk anymore doesn;t mean i don;t want to. I miss the banter sometimes. Some of you though are in the past for a reason. I don't resent you though because without you being the people you were i wouldn't be the person i am now or appreciate what i have. I might not have passed my art exam had my piece not gone "missing" so thank you

To the people in my future
You guys are amazing and theres a reason you've made it this far. You are clearly as crazy as i am to still be here and i hope you're here for a long time to come.

You
Simply for being yourself you make me smile. You deserve to be told everyday just how awesome you are. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog