Caged bird background

Thursday 24 February 2011

Harry Potter

I really really really want to start re-reading these books. Its been a couple of years since I've taken any of these off the shelf and i feel like Ive neglected them.
I need to take them off the shelf, dust them off and read them. If ever there's a series of books that smell like books this is it. I have some adult copies and some kids, some hardback and some paper. They don't match and normally this would annoy me but with these for some reason it doesnt. Maybe because i collected them over time.
The first one came out when i was ninish i think and my mum read it to me at night followed by book two and three. By the time book four came out i was reading them myself and a waiting list for the books in my family was beginning to form.
I love how they connected a nation. They didnt cause controversy like "Twilight" - if anyone compares this to Harry Potter i will smack them in the face with a copy of Order of the Phoneix. Every basket in the shop would have a copy of the newest book on its release date. The plot was a well kept secret, no one would discuss it with anyone else until they were sure theyd already read the book so as not to spoil it. Such a thing will surely never be experienced again. And to think it started in a coffee shop, hand written on a rainy day and grew into the phenomenon it was is quite simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog